The Innovation District is a comprehensive ecosystem of places, programs, and people all working together to foster innovation, entrepreneurship, and experiential learning.
The Innovation District brings together bright minds from every discipline across campus. It is designed to take on challenges from multiple angles, shape discoveries into marketable solutions, provide customizable problem-solving, and educate tomorrow’s creators to be skilled, experienced, and versatile. Through this, it will drive economic development with novel solutions shared with the world.
It’s about collaboration. It’s about finding solutions. It’s about innovation that changes lives.
Where is it located?
The heart of the Innovation District is developing along the interface of UGA’s North Campus and downtown Athens where the district can grow alongside the Classic City’s vibrant art, music, and food scene.
The Innovation District includes:
- Entrepreneurial mentorship and coaching
- Accelerator programs for early-stage ideas
- Training, tools, and resources for small businesses
- Pitch decks, co-working and collision areas, and conference rooms
- Offices for startup companies
- Community building activities and social events
Goals of the District
The Innovation District is to become a leading driver of economic development and community impact through innovation, entrepreneurship, and experiential learning.
- Accelerating research commercialization to enable our ideas and inventions to make the greatest impact on society.
- Increasing experiential learning opportunities to develop our students into versatile problem solvers who are ready for the jobs and challenges of the knowledge economy.
- Expanding university-industry collaboration to leverage the strengths of academia and business for developing creative solutions.
- Elevating public and private investment to provide our entrepreneurs with funding and mentorship to turn their ideas and inventions into successful ventures.
- Connecting campus and community entrepreneurs and innovators to strengthen the creative culture and technology-based economy of our community.